Working with your reference photos, I will paint a portrait of your cat on wrapped canvas. The portrait size is 6″x8″ and the edges are painted a neutral medium/dark tone that compliments the tones in the portrait. Your cat’s portrait will either be a canvas that is Portrait orientation or Landscape orientation, whichever best suits the pose of the pet. The finished portrait on wrapped canvas is ready to hang easily from a nail in the wall. You also can have it framed professionally in a floating frame or edge frame at a framing place local to you but it’s not necessary.
Please see the listing photos as examples for your reference as to my style of painting, which is realistic yet painterly. You can be assured your pet’s likeness is a priority. I am a perfectionist by nature and a detail oriented portrait artist.
Details of Completing Your Cat Portrait Painting:
– I need 2-3 weeks to complete your portrait
– you will need to respond to a finished image sent via email, to approve the portrait Before I ship it to you
– if I receive no response within 5 days of submitting an image of the finished painting for approval, I will ship
– best suits 1 cat as the subject (please feel free to inquire about multiple cat’s in the portrait as a custom order)
– please provide 1 to 3 clear descriptive photos of your cat as soon as possible after purchasing
– the painting size is 6″x8″ or 8″x6″ whichever best suits the pose (please feel free to inquire about different sizes and their prices)
– the portrait will be head and shoulders in a neutral background that compliments the cat’s tones
– the edges will be painted in a medium dark neutral colour that compliments the tones in the portrait painting
– finished portrait is sealed in a semi satin non yellowing clear acrylic varnish that will not age
Your portrait is a hand painted piece, Not a print or digital rendering in any way at all. I work out the composition for the portrait roughly on paper then I draw onto the canvas and execute the painting.
I only work with professional grade artist materials as I feel this is a responsible choice when offering one’s work for sale as an artist. All acrylic pigments, canvas and surface prep materials, and clear coat varnish are archival and have a lifespan of more than 70 years.
Want more information and painting examples first? You can view an online gallery of my past work here: artworkbyjocelyn.com